Calling cards UK

Calling UK

Calling from UK - London to USA

Calling from UK - CELL to USA

norahvincent

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Who is Wayne?

I am a retired US Army Sergeant First Class (E7). I served as a Military Intelligence Soldier. My Military career included assignments at US Army Field Station Augsburg, Germany, at a place called Eckstein, on the West German/Czechoslovakian Border ; at Fort Hood, Texas, Frankfurt, Hoechst, Germany; at Goodfellow Airforce Base, San Angelo, Texas; and at Fulda, GermanyMy military jobs include Squad Leader, Instructor, and Platoon Sergeant. I was the Platoon Sergeant for the Trailblazer and Elint Platoon, 533rd Combat Electronic Warfare and Intelligence (CEWI) Battalion. After a four year position as an Instructor at Goodfellow Airforce Base I went to Fulda Germany where I served half of my tour as the Platoon Sergeant of an Electronic Warfare Platoon and I spent the other half of my tour as the Platoon Seargent of an Electronic Warfare Helicopter Platoon. That was my most exciting job, I became Air Assault qualified and served as a cadre member of the Blackhorse Air Assault School. I loved to repel from the helicopters. I taught combat operations at the Air Assault School.
The units I served in were the 3rd Battalion, Field Station Augsburg; the 375th ASA Company, 3rd US Corp; the 856th ASA Company, 3rd Armored Division; US Army Training Detachment, Goodfellow Airforce Base; 511th MI Company, 11 Armored Cavalry Regiment, and S Troop, 4th Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
I loved my career in the US Army and when I hear a helicopter flying over head I often think back to my time in Fulda Germany.
I began using computers in 1977 when the US Army selected me to participate in an evaluation of a new Radio Direction Find System. I purchased my first computer, a Commodore 64 four years later. This computer was replaced by a Commodore 128 two years later.
After retiring from the US Army, I studied Electrical Engineering at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I purchased a 286 computer so I would not have to spend hours waiting for a free computer in the computer lab. I purchased a 486 computer, when I had finished my pre-engineering requirements and needed more power so I could remotely connect to the University's computers. My latest computer projects include two Athlon 1.4 GHz computers and a dual Tualatin 1.2 GHz processor server with raid 0,1 which I built for a friend starting his own business. I have built and upgraded many computers for my friends and family. Of course my own computers are all built by me. I love to build computers.
My past hobbies included motorcycling, model air planes, and fishing. My current hobbies are web site design, operating systems, building computers and helping people with computer problems.
I have been working in the field of computer technical support for since 1991. My experience includes hardware and software support, Novell 3.11 Network Administrator, Help Desk telephone support, Desktop computer support, Internet Service Provider Systems Administrator, Y2K project for the State of CT, Systems Engineer/Windows NT Domains Administrator for an insurance company in NYC, Desktop Support for Otis Engineering, and Deployment Manager for two projects with Compaq. I have been using the Internet for over 16 years.
My experience in education includes 4 years as an Army instructor (I even earned the Airforce Master Instructor Award); three years as a High Schools Physics and Chemistry Teacher at Saint Gerard Catholic High School, where I also served as the computer technician and Science Department Head; three years as assistant teacher while I was the Systems Engineer for the Ben Bronz Academy.